A vacancy has arisen for Wagon Fitter to form part of a team undertaking the service, maintenance and repair of Wagons at our Ipswich Vehicle Maintenance Facility.
The team’s activities can demand a high level of flexibility, so the successful applicant must be prepared to travel and stay away from home when & where required.
A majority of initial training will be carried out at the Company’s other locations which include Felixstowe and Southampton.
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- Maintain, service, and repair wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
- Oversee the training of fellow team members as required
- Adherence to the Freightliner policies and procedures, have a good understanding of HASAW and safe working practices
- Ideally have a recognised engineering background
- Mechanically minded with experience in maintenance and repairs
- Physically fit as there will be required outdoor work in all weather conditions
- NVQ in an engineering discipline to NVQ level 3
- Driving licence
The successful applicant for the position of Wagon Fitter should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours as Ipswich VMF operate on a shift pattern covering early and late turns.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Wagon Fitter?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.