A vacancy has arisen within Freightliner for a Train Planner to be based at Freightliner in Ferrybridge.
- Planning workloads efficiently and effectively to comply with network code and industry processes.
- Working within the wider planning team to ensure that the weekly train plan is implemented in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaising with industry contacts as necessary.
- Producing a plan that maximises profitability for Freightliner Heavy Haul whilst meeting customer requirements
- A good knowledge of freight train operations with a sound knowledge of railway geography is required.
- Excellent planning skills, with the ability to produce diagrams for operational staff which are compliant with all internal and industry criteria.
- Good computer skills, including the ability to use Voyagerplan (train planning software), TOPS/TRUST and general office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
This role will involve some travel and may require staying away from home on occasion.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.