We are currently seeking to recruit experienced Train Drivers for Freightliner Birmingham (1) & Tilbury (2).
You will need to be a fully qualified Train Driver with a highly professional attitude and a proactive & diligent approach to work. This role involves shift work, including weekend and night turns of duty, which may in turn require you to lodge away from home. You will need to have a full and valid UK driving licence, as there’s a requirement to drive company road vehicles.
- Clean full UK driving license
- Route and traction knowledge for specific areas desirable
- Flexible attitude to working hours as this is a shift based role
- Safety conscious with a clean safety of the line record and ability to remain calm in an emergency situation.
- Excellent concentration and observational skills.
- Clear and professional communication skills to relay important safety messages.
- Customer focused and committed to the Company brand
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a railway standards medical and a D&A test.
Freightliner offers an attractive remuneration package:
- Competitive Salary with opportunities for overtime
- Employee Benefits Package
- Attractive Corporate Discounts
- Training and Development
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Average four-day working week
- Generous annual leave allowance
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.