A vacancy has arisen for a Technician B to join the team based in Felixstowe. Reporting to the Port Operations Manager, this role is responsible for maintaining rail vehicles up to a safe and secure commercial standard.
- Inspect arriving and departing wagons.
- Repairing wagons where required to keep fleet available.
- Shunting and train preparation duties.
- Clean UK driving license.
- Flexible outlook towards work duties and hours.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Confident decision maker.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise work load
The post involves shift work and rostered Saturday working.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Technician B?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.