A vacancy has arisen for a Team Leader within Basford Yard at Freightliner in Crewe.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the successful candidate of this safety-critical post will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities coupled with the ability to prioritise workload.
- To maintain an efficient and safe service regarding the movement of trains at Basford Hall and the satellite sites.
- To control and use effectively all train crew complying with laid down regulations
- Liaise and document efficiently with relevant controls so to ensure a quality product is delivered
- To liaise and direct staff under your control to produce a quality shunting service for the company and its customers, whilst maintaining laid down Freightliner standards of competency.
- General knowledge of the rail network.
- The ability to organise, motivate and lead staff.
This post demands a flexible and responsible approach with a willingness to undertake further training when required.
Basford Yard operates a 24-hour roster shift system which includes weekend and night working.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Team Leader at Freightliner?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.