Two vacancies have arisen within the IT Department in Southampton for Systems Developer roles to join the in-house development team. This position offers the successful candidates the opportunity to develop and add to existing skill set within a varied IT environment.
- Collaborating in the design and development of in-house software solutions, liaising with the Development Team, Product Owners, Business Systems Analysts and/or end users as required.
- Supporting and contributing to the continuous improvement processes within an agile development environment.
- Providing 3rd line technical application support for in-house operational software.
- Providing development support to the IT department as required.
- Mentoring team members
- Software development experience in a commercial environment (Minimum 2+ years)
- Demonstrable understanding of object oriented software development methods and techniques (Design Patterns / Interfaces / Inheritance)
- Excellent knowledge of C# language (C#, WinForms ,MVC, WCF, SOA, Entity Framework)
- Experience of developing windows server services
- Understanding of relational database design
- Knowledge of developing for MS SQL Server (2005 onwards) including creation of stored procedures and triggers
- Experience of working with complex XML for inter-system data transfer
- Ability to work on own or as a part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- IT qualification (Diploma / Degree or equivalent), specific to software development
- Experience as a successful agile (Scrum/Kanban) development team member
- Devops experience – Continuous Integration, Automated Deployment, (TeamCity, Jenkins, OctopusDeploy, TFS, Powershell)
- Create reports using SSRS/Crystal Reports
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a positive attitude and have a proven capacity to transform business requirements into functional IT system solutions.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.