Following a reorganisation within our UK Rail business, we have three newly created opportunities for a General Manager in the North West and Midlands Region.
Reporting to the Rail Operations Director, the General Manager will have overall responsibility for the day to day management of all front line staff and play an integral part in the delivery of train services in the UK.
You will proactively contribute to the achievement of the UK business strategy and objectives and ensure that best practice policies and procedures are in place to ensure the sound operational management and control of the UK Rail business.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience of Operational & Safety Management in a demanding, fast paced operational environment
- Working closely with the Group Safety team to ensure all safety and operating standards are adhered to at all times
- Strong customer service focus – High level of commercial understanding, balancing customer and business requirements
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation, influencing, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proven people-management skills and experience
- Experience of working within a highly unionised environment
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of five years demonstrable rail operational management experience at a proven level.
The position will involve occasional unsocial hours, on call commitments and working public holidays.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a General Manager?
In return we can offer a salary of up to £70,000 per annum, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.