Two vacancies have arisen for Procurement Assistants to be based in the new Freightliner and Pentalver (G&W) Birmingham Share Service Centre. The successful candidates will support the Procurement Assistant Team Leader in developing a framework of overarching procurement management for the procurement of goods and services to support and develop the business within G&W (UK, Europe & Middle East); in line with the requirements of the Procurement Senior Leadership Team (PSLT).
- Comply with company ethical standards;
- Ensure compliance to SoX and any other local requirements in support of the policies and objectives of G&W, and ensure compliance with the Procurement policy and authorities at all times
- Provide administrative support to the team through the application of category strategy and sourcing for assigned categories
- Support with supplier queries that arise from the application of supplier relationship management (SRM) as directed via assigned categories
- Collaborate in the E-procurement delivery, ensuring service level agreement (SLA) achieved for conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders and deputise for new vendor Set up management
- Get involved in any ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time
- Assist as required and within your area of competence
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter
- Good interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good attitude to customer relations
- Good team player
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and E-procurement or ERP systems
- Desire to develop career in procurement
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.