This role represents an exciting opportunity to work overseas as part of Freightliner KSA. This will be a secondment of 3 years to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The role of Planning Specialist will work within SAR’s Mineral & Cargo Business Unit in SAR HQ – Riyadh.
- To provide rail expertise to SAR in the field of resource management & performance management
- To analyse performance and resource data to deliver SAR corporate objectives through ensuring sufficient resources to meet commercial activity
- Effective resource management to improve utilisation / drive down unit cost
- Continually seek improvement in operations
- To assist in the development through coaching / mentoring and structured learning methodology for the Saudi Nationals working within the Mineral & Cargo Business Unit
Principle activities and accountabilities:
- Mapping resource requirements to the Train Plan (current and future) – develop resource diagrams to meet the Train Plan & to develop diagramming principles through identifying most applicable Staff Terms & Conditions to maximise efficiencies
- Reviewing Mineral & Cargo resource allocation process – to develop rostering principles, best practise, assess / review and manage implementation of the necessary tools (software) to achieve this goal
- Manage, produce and analyse resource management data & Performance KPI’s to identify trends (adverse or beneficial) to create ‘added-value’ for SAR
- To take responsibility (as part of a team) to assign train performance delays; manage resolution (correct attribution) internally
- The successful candidate must have a good understanding and demonstrate experience of Railway Planning & Resource Management Principles
- The candidate will need strong analytical skills – with the ability to produce and effectively represent data to enable informed decision making
- Be willing to work collaboratively – as part of team and willing to share knowledge to develop colleagues, adapt to & implement best practise to different operating principles
This is an ideal opportunity to gain international experience while using your skills and experience to develop and deliver rail freight operations within a developing and significant rail project in KSA.You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.