This role represents an exciting opportunity to work overseas as part of Freightliner Middle East. The Planning Manager will be responsible for the planning of the Mineral & Cargo operations within the Freightliner Business Unit.
- Capacity planning in liaison with the sales department
- Planning and coordination of rolling stock
- Coordination with network planning
- Coordination with rolling stock maintenance department,
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting of passenger, mineral & cargo planning,
- Development of training requirements and materials
Principle activities and accountabilities:
- Manage the development of the train plan
- Manage Network access, through liaison with industry partners – to meet Mineral & Cargo Business Unit commercial requirements
- Manage short term planning – to include, resource / asset best utilisation to reduce cost and increase revenue (locomotive / wagon and manpower)
- Manage Contract deliverables with existing and future customers, plan to meet and manage requirements of Rail Transportation Agreements
- Establish KPI’s for performance, cost and revenue – for the purpose of improving performance through application of analytical skills.
- Manage Performance monitoring process – analysis of performance trends to improve service reliability and improve on train cycle times.
- Recruitment and selection of planning team staff as required
The successful candidate must have a sound knowledge of railway operations, experience of managing a team, an analytical approach to financial, performance and safety management and excellent communication skills.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain international experience while using your skills and experience to develop and deliver rail freight operations within KSA. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all section of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.