An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Operations Manager within Freightliner Coatbridge. Reporting to the General Manager, Terminal & Port Operations, this role requires strong leadership skills and terminal experience working within a busy environment. You will be responsible for the efficient and on time delivery of the daily train plan in line with customer expectations.
Key responsibilities include workplace safety, staff relations, operational efficiencies, high customer service levels, effective resource management and effective internal communications.
We are looking for the following skills and experience in the successful candidate:
- Experience of Operational Management at senior level
- Understanding of train planning requirements to ensure efficient turnaround of wagons / loco’s and right time departures, adapting and influencing change at short notice in relation to unplanned daily train plan changes
- This role will play an active part in dealing with our customer partners in Scotland under the guidance of the “General Manager Commercial”, experience within this area would be advantageous
- Ability to drive productivity in all aspects of the rail operations with detailed attention to cost management.
- Possess a good understanding of company accounts and confidence with regard to associated financial and budgetary responsibilities.
- Ensure H&S policy, risk assessments, COSHH assessments are regularly reviewed and updated in line with company policy and changes to working procedures
- Proficient in the use of standard industry software;
- Excellent communication skills, strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- High level of commercial understanding, balancing customer and business requirements
- Maintain and co-ordinate good communication channels within and between UK rail, road and terminal operations and commercial teams
- Preferably educated to degree level, or hold relevant qualifications and experience relevant to intermodal transportation of freight;
- Experience of working with and managing unions preferred.
This post is safety critical and is therefore subject to an occupational health medical which includes Drugs and Alcohol screening. In addition this post carries an on-call responsibility. Some occasional unsociable working hours will also be a requirement of this post.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to work in a thriving terminal within an established company with career progression opportunities and the commitment to training staff to a high standard. Your experience will be rewarded competitive salary and benefits package including the opportunity to join our Final Salary Pension Scheme.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.