A vacancy has arisen for the post of Operations Manager based at Freightliner’s busy Manchester Terminal.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for management and day to day running of all operational aspects of the Freightliner intermodal business at the Manchester Terminal. They will proactively manage the Manchester site team both in terms of day to day management and general employee engagement.
Principle duties will include:
- Working with the General Manager to optimise Manchester’s operational performance
- Ensuring that changes to operating procedures, priorities and problems are documented and communicated
- Developing and implementing local strategies and measures to optimise roster, resource and staff utilisation
- Assist with the recruitment, induction and ongoing development of employees at Manchester
- Working with the General Manager and Group Safety team to ensure all safety adand operating standards are adhered to at all times
- Responsible for the continued development of the Operations Team including performance plans and reviews
- To grow and develop site culture at all times
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required
- Manage the absence levels within the Operations Team
- Deputising for the General Manager where required
The successful candidate will have a strong customer service focus with demonstrable experience of working in a complex logistics, transport and storage environment. Comprehensive knowledge of industry practices would be preferred.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.