A vacancy has arisen for a Rail HSSE Assistant Business Partner within G&W UK/Europe (Freightliner) to be based in the Midlands/North and reporting to the HSSE Director Rail. The purpose of this role will be to provide independent advice, guidance and support to service platform managers with the goal of ensuring effective, efficient management and continuous improvements in operational safety, occupational health & safety, security & environment performance.
- Assist and advise on risk assessments; ensuring employee involvement and timely review
- Collaborate with team to deliver support, general safety advice and guidance on relevant company standards and safe working practices – seeking advice and support as the situation demands.
- Work with the HSSE Director to implement HSSE Strategy and delivery plan
- Assist in the development, administration and upkeep of the Safety Management System and local policies and procedures
- Where appropriate, relating to individual competency and skill, act as Subject Matter Expert for one or more of the following;
- Dangerous Good Safety Adviser
- Fire Safety Management / Emergency Planning
- Facilities Management (Legionella, Asbestos)
- Work Equipment
- Security (Physical & Personal)
- Environment & Sustainability
- Support managers to undertake transparent and just investigations of accidents, incidents and near misses across the service platforms, ensuring appropriate corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented and where appropriate, lessons are shared across G&W
- Aid in the delivery of required basic health, safety, security & environmental training
- Prepare relevant and timely reports covering key leading and lagging indicators, ensuring that these are communicated and displayed appropriately
- Assist in the communication of HSSE procedures/policies – ensuring engagement through the use of a coaching/mentoring style
- Support specific improvement initiatives and projects across all areas of health, safety, security and environment across the service platforms in pursuit of our shared goal of Zero Injuries and reducing our impact on the environment
- Carry out internal audits and assist managers in the implementation of recommendation, preventative and corrective actions
- Get involved in any ad hoc projects, as may be required from time to time
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. The successful applicant will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the role within and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Safety qualification to a minimum of or working towards NEBOSH national certificate
- Previous experience performing internal audits
- A proven track record of success in a safety management role, preferably within road/rail freight logistics or a related industry;
- Knowledge of current HSSE legislation, policies and procedures
- Coaching and training skills with the ability to identify skill gaps and training needs
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers
- Written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports and letters
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure, whilst making key decisions
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information and produce in a clear and logical format
- A working knowledge of PC applications; Microsoft and outlook
Role will require regular UK travel.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.