A vacancy has arisen for the post of General Manager based at the Freightliner Terminal, Liverpool.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and support to the operational team, ensuring the site provides a cost effective operation that is fully compliant with the Group HSSE policies and procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a robust Health and Safety system is in place across the site, including regular review, update and training.
- Working closely with the Group Safety team to ensure all safety and operating standards are adhered to at all times.
- Managing the Liverpool Terminal Operations team in order to optimise the operation performance and strategic positon of the site;
- Develop and implement local strategies and measures to optimise roster, resource and staff utilisation;
- Measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of operational initiatives to proactively add value to the business;
- Responsibility for recruitment, induction and the on-going development of employees at the site ensuring all competency levels are achieved;
- Act as the key contact for local union representatives, ensuring a constructive, open and forward looking relationship is maintained for the best advantage of the site;
- Prepare and submit budget for the site as required;
- Manage the operational performance of the site to budgetary requirements;
- Work proactively with the UK commercial team to define opportunities for developing existing or potential new opportunities to maximise the site operation;
- Maintain and co-ordinate good communication channels within and between UK rail, road operations and commercial platforms;
- Strong customer service focus
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation, influencing, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Commercially astute with a good understanding of company accounts
- Highly organised
- Able to work to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining compliance
Previous management experience in the rail/container industry would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be safety conscious, motivated and a fully versatile team player.
The position involves shift work to include nights, weekends and public holidays.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.