Following a reorganisation within our UK Rail business, we have three newly created opportunities for a Deputy General Manager in the following locations:
- 1 x Northwest & Midlands Region
- 2 x South Region
- 1 x Scotland & North Region
Reporting to the Regional General Manager Rail, the Deputy General Manager will contribute to the achievement of safe day-to-day UK rail operations. You will be responsible for the management, development and provision of a suitably trained, equipped and assessed rail operations team (principally train drivers and ground staff where applicable), in order to meet on-going business requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Rules & Regulations/Railway standards
- NVQ Level 3 competency assessment
- Traction training
- Route risk assessments / Route Briefing
- Training and Briefing
- Data recorder collection and analysis post incident
- Ride assessments (CDP / PQA)
- Manage investigations (SPAD/Collisions/Derailment)
- Strong customer service focus – Good level of commercial understanding, balancing customer and business requirements
There is a requirement to undertake an on-call commitment with this role.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years rail operations experience in management, at a proven level.
The position will involve occasional unsocial hours and working public holidays.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Deputy General Manager?
In return we can offer a salary of up to £61,000 per annum, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.