Excellent full-time opportunity for a Systems Developer to join the in-house Development Team. This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop and add to existing skillsets within a varied IT environment.
- Collaborate in the design and development of in-house software solutions, liaising
with the Development Team, Product Owners, Business Systems Analysts, and end
users as required
- Support and contribution to the continuous improvement process, within an agile
- Provide 3rd line technical application support for in-house operational software
- Provide development support to the IT Department as required
- Contribute to the growth of the Development Team, through knowledge sharing and
- Software development experience in a commercial environment (with a minimum of
3+ years’ experience)
- Demonstrable understanding of object-oriented software development methods and
techniques (design patterns \ interfaces \ inheritance)
- Excellent knowledge of C# language (including MVC, WinForms, WCF, Entity
- A good level of experience working with ReactJS or a similar JS framework
- Experience with developing Windows services
- Understanding of relational database design
- Knowledge of developing for MS SQL Server (2012 onwards), including use of stored
procedures and triggers
- Experience of working with complex XML for inter-system data transfer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team
- A positive can-do attitude
- IT qualification (Diploma \ degree or equivalent), specific to software development
- Experience using an agile software methodology
- DevOps experience; automated deployments (TFS, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity,
- Jenkins, PowerShell)
- Create reports using SSRS
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Systems Developer at Freightliner?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.