The successful candidate will be responsible for working as part of the Doncaster Railport team to ensure the general working of the site and provide service excellence for our customers.
Principle duties will include:
- Operating mobile heavy lifting equipment, plant and ancillary equipment as authorised to do so;
- Prepare trains for departure in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Freightliner procedures;
- Completing pre-operational safety examinations and logging as appropriate;
- Ensuring all records are maintained and up to date;
- Carry out wagon/container checks and Carriage and Wagon exams om trains in accordance with Group standards;
- Ensure prompt reporting of any safety incident and completion of necessary documentation;
- Assist with the training of new staff in all aspects of terminal operations, where directed by Training Managers;
- Assist in the general running of the site.
Previous experience in Train Operations is preferred but not essential. The successful candidate must be diligent and safety focused, with effective communication skills.
The role involves shift work including nights and weekends.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Railport Operative?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.