The successful applicant will need to be safety focused and committed to delivering a safe, reliable and best in class service.Responsibilities:
- Conducting safe shunting operations in accordance to the relevant Railway rules and regulations with the goal of dispatching trains efficiently
- Load examinations
- Safety checks
- Resolving problems as they may arise
- Clean, full UK driving license
- Previous operational experience is desired but not essential
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Safety conscious with the ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Excellent concentration and observation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay important safety messages
- Customer focused and committed to the Freightliner brand
Ideally candidates will be experienced and competent, however full training will be provided for the right candidate.
As part of the selection process, candidates will be required to attend a railway standards new entrant medical and a D&A test.
The role involves shift based working which can include, early, late and weekend working.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a member of the Mobile Ground Staff?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.