The successful applicant will be responsible for helping to achieve team goals and objectives.
• Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
• Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
• Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with approved maintenance plans
• Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
• Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
• Commitment to safe working practices
• Apprentice trained or time served
• Experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance activities
• Knowledge of rolling stock would be advantageous
The successful applicant should be a safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a railway maintenance depot environment or a similar engineering background. A flexible approach to working hours is essential as Crewe VMF operates a 24/7 shift roster.
This post is designated as safety critical and is subject to drugs and alcohol medical screening.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Mechanical and Electrical Fitter?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.