- Oversee the planning team to deliver weekly Train Plan as required to provide a first-class service to both customer and Freightliner Heavy Haul
- Development and Production of the SCO National Train Plan
- Liaise with Network Rail at relevant industry planning forums
- Manage the long-term plan in conjunction with weekly train orders
- Adhere to the Network Code to provide an efficient and robust Train Plan, whilst protecting the company’s commercial interests
- In-depth knowledge of Freightliner Heavy Haul’s Train Planning processes and/or rail industry performance processes is essential
- A good knowledge of freight train operations with excellent knowledge of railway geography
- Analytical abilities to scrutinise varied information sources
- A keen and conscientious approach to work
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use NROL (train planning software), TOPS/TRUST and general office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be an Engineering Technician Grade A?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.