The successful candidate will form part of the management team that takes responsibility for the delivery of safe, reliable and cost-effective maintenance of locomotives to meet and exceed our customer requirements.The successful applicant will take a leading role in developing and improving the quality of the class 90 locomotive through improved maintenance and technical leadership.Key responsibilities are:
• Ensuring safe working environment and practises are in place and adhered to.
• Provide coaching and development for our team of Locomotive Technicians.
• Carrying out In Process checks, quality inspections and material checks.
• Seek continuous improvement in people, assets and maintenance policies.
• Provide technical support for all material queries whilst working with suppliers to ensure a quality supply of reliable material.
• Maintain and update the technical drawing library.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes
• Commitment to safe working practises – the ability to be a safety leader
• Engineering supervisory/management experience
• Excellent knowledge of AC locomotives, ideally in class 90s.
• Relevant Engineering Qualifications
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Analytical, innovative and constantly striving for improvement
• Committed to customer service
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated self-starter, a fully versatile team member who has well established experience within a maintenance depot environment.
It is essential that the successful applicant has a flexible approach to working as Crewe VMF is a 24/7 operation, with a requirement for this post holder to join an on-call roster.
This post is designated as safety critical and is subject to drugs and alcohol medical screening.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Class 90 Technical Engineer?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.