A vacancy has arisen for the position of Bulk Wagon Fleet Manager, reporting to the Engineering Production Director (UK).
The location is flexible but ideally located at Leeds, Manchester or the Peak District with a requirement to travel nationally. The key objective of this role is to deliver safe, reliable, compliant wagons to the Rail Business platform for the Bulk wagon flows of Aggregate, Cement and Waste.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Management of Bulk wagon maintenance teams ensuring safe working practices at all times
- Ensuring wagons are maintained in accordance with maintenance policy, and compliant with Engineering standards and legislation
- Ensuring fleet availability meets customer requirements
- Maintaining provision and control of all components and consumables to provide wagons to the required standards
- Bulk wagon fleet maintenance budget / Cost Control
- Liaising with both internal & external customers including customer contract reviews
The ideal candidates will ideally possess the following skills and attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Engineering qualification, preferably to HNC standard in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Experience of Traction & Rolling Stock maintenance
- Engineering / Maintenance management experience
- Contract management skills
This post is safety critical and is therefore subject to an occupational health medical which includes Drugs and Alcohol screening.
In addition, this post carries an on-call responsibility. Some occasional unsociable working hours will also be required.
There is an occasional requirement for late afternoon and weekend working as the business dictates.
As part of the selection process candidates will be required to attend a new entrant medical and a drugs and alcohol test.
Are you a reliable, committed individual? Do you possess the knowledge and experience needed to be a Bulk Wagon Fleet Manager?
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a fantastic final-salary pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team.
Freightliner is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Please note that the company operates a strict drugs and alcohol policy.
To apply for this position, please complete the form below.