Freightliner is part of a British consortium that works in partnership with Saudi Railway Company (SAR) on one of the largest railway projects in the world, the 2,750km North South Railway. Freightliner Middle East is responsible for the development of high quality freight services for the network along with providing technical assistance, interim management and training.
Freightliner assists SAR in the transportation of minerals from the Bauxite mines and the mines at Al Jalamid to the port at Ras al Khair.
SAR and Freightliner are working together to develop new rail freight services, including freight transportation solutions for the industrial city in Wa’ad Al Shamal.
- Freightliner staff work alongside SAR staff in the planning and delivery of rail freight operations with notable success in increasing the tonnage of material moved by 40% since the partnership began.
- Freightliner has provided the processes and staff competency systems to enable the safe movement of material, particularly with Dangerous Goods and the introduction of ERTMS.
- Assisted in obtaining the relevant operating licence and safety certificate.
- Developed new business opportunies and assisted in the development of responses to tenders issued for new business.
SAR Contract Rolling Stock Maintenance
- Working alongside SAR staff, Freightliner has developed the capability of the SAR maintenance workshop to enhance production through the wheel shop and locomotive and wagon maintenance facilities.
- Freightliner has assisted with the introduction and commissioning of new locomotives and rolling stock, bringing the fleet size from 25 to 50 locomotives and from 760 to over 2,100 wagons.
- Steady year on year increase in rolling stock availability.
SAR Contract Training
Freightliner has developed the content and delivered training for SAR employees for both managerial and worker positions, including:
- Driver Training to ensure safe journeys
- Ground Crew Training, including handling of Dangerous Goods
- Rolling Stock Maintenance Training to ensure fleet reliability and availability
- Developing a training/development plan for SAR managerial and supervisory positions
Find out more in our brochure
Contact us today
Freightliner Group Ltd
T: +44 7843 072 835